NEACSM is one of twelve regional chapters of the American College of Sports Medicine. We represent Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. The chapter conducts and assists with various public and professional programs, provides a member forum, and publishes educational and research materials for public and professional use.
NEACSM Mission Statement
The New England Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine advances and integrates scientific research to provide educational opportunities and practical applications of exercise science and sports medicine in the New England Region.
NEACSM Vision Statement
The New England Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine will be a leader in the advancement, interpretation, and integration of research in exercise science and sports medicine. We will create a culture embracing diversity and inclusion and promote professional development of our members and community.
Click here to meet our Leadership
1) Provide education and professional events by hosting and sponsoring the annual meeting, symposia, workshops and lectures.
2) Provide a forum for dissemination of current information and research concerning all aspects of sports medicine to professionals and the public.
3) Sponsor lecture tours and bring nationally and internationally known researchers in Exercise Science and Sports Medicine to New England.
4) Promote and advance medical, educational, and scientific studies dealing with the effects of sports and physical activity on the health of a variety of populations such as individuals with hypertension or diabetes, and older adults.
5) Cooperate and share knowledge with other professional organizations, physicians, nutritionists, educators, scientists, athletic trainers, and allied health professionals who have the same or related specialties.
6) Introduce students to ACSM by involving graduate students in regional committee projects and responsibilities and by promoting graduate student research.